Congratulations to Shelle Butschek, TCOR Benefits Manager, for being selected to the Leadership of New Braunfels 25th group of business and civic leaders to go through the program.
Leadership New Braunfels is an eight-month series of one-day sessions covering areas such as government, education, economic development, social needs, leadership skills and other key segments of the community. The Leadership New Braunfels class of 2017 will be the 25th class of this program, which boasts an Alumni Association of more than 575 members.
Prime candidates for this program are individuals who are emerging as leaders within their chosen careers and/or various community organizations and agencies, and current leaders wishing to improve their knowledge, expand their network, and enhance their leadership skills.
Objectives of the Leadership New Braunfels program are:
- Identify and bring together men and women of New Braunfels who seek the opportunity to expand their involvement in community affairs and are willing to assume leadership positions.
- Enhance the participant’s knowledge of and commitment to New Braunfels to make their involvement in community affairs more effective.
- Develop and form relationships that will benefit their professional and volunteer careers.
- Stimulate a common understanding among the social and economic groups within the community of the forces and trends affecting the development of the community to enhance the ability of these groups to work together for the advancement of New Braunfels.
- Promote active involvement by the participants in a wide range of civic and community affairs.
- Facilitate the exchange of viewpoints and varied experiences among all the participants in the programs, thereby expanding communication among the most active and involved members of the community.
This type of program requires a serious time commitment from the participants. Attendance at the community leaders reception, the overnight retreat and graduation ceremony is mandatory.
Participants are chosen by a Selection Committee based on the information submitted in the application. The class size is limited.